Self-Introduction: Neville A. Cross - yn1v

Pete Travis me at petetravis.com
Mon May 4 21:34:34 UTC 2015

On 05/04/2015 12:52 PM, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I like to contribute to Docs team
>
> I have been editing wiki pages for local events, latam budget, latam
> procedures, freemedia project.
>
> I have using fedora since fedora core 4, I am not programmer or
> sysadmin, but I have get experience in installation, creating local
> repos, settin up web servers for wikimedia and wordpress. I have been
> documenting part of my experience on my blog http://taygon.com
>
> I have been part time teacher at university level on and off since 1998.
> I can dig into a subject, look for the key points and make an
> explanation for others.
>
> I have been for a time freemedia coordinator, FAmSCo member and Fedora
> Board member. I have helping out latam activities as Community credit
> card holder, to provide resources to collaborators in this region.
>
> I have decent writing skills in English, but excellent style in Spanish
> as a native speaker.
>
> I would like to get hand on learning how to make official documentation
> helping along the way. My ultimate goal is to make the documentation for
> Icaro Project, an educational robotics software/hardware made entirely
> with fedora in LATAM
>
> I hope to get a chance to help docs team.
>
> Best regards
>
> Neville
>
> pub   1024D/96851663 2009-06-20 [expires: 2016-10-25]
> uid Neville A. Cross (yn1v - fedora - Nicaragua) <neville at taygon.com>
> uid Neville A. Cross (Fedora Ambassador - Nicaragua)
> <yn1v at fedoraproject.org>
> uid Neville A. Cross (YN1V - Fedora - Nicaragua) <nacross at gmail.com>
> uid Neville A. Cross (Fedora Ambassador - Nicaragua) <yn1v at taygon.com>
> sub   2048g/1E3CFE30 2009-06-20

Welcome, Neville! It's great to have someone with your experience on board.

Do you have a vision for the Icaro documentation that you'd like to jump
on right away?  If not, do you have an idea of something you're
interested in writing about?  We could probably come up with a list of
opportunities, but if you have something you're interested in and
engaged with, all the better.

--
-- Pete Travis
  - Fedora Docs Project Leader