Self-Introduction: Neville A. Cross - yn1v

Neville A. Cross yn1v at taygon.com
Mon May 4 23:02:57 UTC 2015

On Mon, 2015-05-04 at 15:34 -0600, Pete Travis wrote:
> On 05/04/2015 12:52 PM, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I like to contribute to Docs team
> >
> > I have been editing wiki pages for local events, latam budget, latam
> > procedures, freemedia project.
> >
> > I have using fedora since fedora core 4, I am not programmer or
> > sysadmin, but I have get experience in installation, creating local
> > repos, settin up web servers for wikimedia and wordpress. I have been
> > documenting part of my experience on my blog http://taygon.com
> >
> > I have been part time teacher at university level on and off since 1998.
> > I can dig into a subject, look for the key points and make an
> > explanation for others.
> >
> > I have been for a time freemedia coordinator, FAmSCo member and Fedora
> > Board member. I have helping out latam activities as Community credit
> > card holder, to provide resources to collaborators in this region.
> >
> > I have decent writing skills in English, but excellent style in Spanish
> > as a native speaker.
> >
> > I would like to get hand on learning how to make official documentation
> > helping along the way. My ultimate goal is to make the documentation for
> > Icaro Project, an educational robotics software/hardware made entirely
> > with fedora in LATAM
> >
> > I hope to get a chance to help docs team.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Neville
> >
> > pub   1024D/96851663 2009-06-20 [expires: 2016-10-25]
> > uid Neville A. Cross (yn1v - fedora - Nicaragua) <neville at taygon.com>
> > uid Neville A. Cross (Fedora Ambassador - Nicaragua)
> > <yn1v at fedoraproject.org>
> > uid Neville A. Cross (YN1V - Fedora - Nicaragua) <nacross at gmail.com>
> > uid Neville A. Cross (Fedora Ambassador - Nicaragua) <yn1v at taygon.com>
> > sub   2048g/1E3CFE30 2009-06-20
> >

> Welcome, Neville! It's great to have someone with your experience on board.
>
> Do you have a vision for the Icaro documentation that you'd like to jump
> on right away?  If not, do you have an idea of something you're
> interested in writing about?  We could probably come up with a list of
> opportunities, but if you have something you're interested in and
> engaged with, all the better.
>
> --
> -- Pete Travis
>   - Fedora Docs Project Leader
>   - 'randomuser' on freenode
>   - immanetize at fedoraproject.org

I have many ideas about the documentation structure of Icaro Project,
but I think it needs a bit of consensus before getting started. I will
try to push that on icaro's mailing list and give a final shape on
FUDCon Cordoba 2015.

I may like to help with amateur radio doc, but truth is I am not very
active now. May update things in software side, but not sure I will be
able to test the hardware side of it.

I am open to suggestion. Give something to get started and from there
probably I will get the feeling of what I like the most.

Thanks for your quick response.

Neville