Self-Introduction: Neville A. Cross - yn1v

Petr Bokoc pbokoc at redhat.com
Tue May 5 13:43:27 UTC 2015

On 05/04/2015 08:52 PM, Neville A. Cross wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I like to contribute to Docs team
>
> I have been editing wiki pages for local events, latam budget, latam
> procedures, freemedia project.
>
> I have using fedora since fedora core 4, I am not programmer or
> sysadmin, but I have get experience in installation, creating local
> repos, settin up web servers for wikimedia and wordpress. I have been
> documenting part of my experience on my blog http://taygon.com
>
> I have been part time teacher at university level on and off since 1998.
> I can dig into a subject, look for the key points and make an
> explanation for others.
>
> I have been for a time freemedia coordinator, FAmSCo member and Fedora
> Board member. I have helping out latam activities as Community credit
> card holder, to provide resources to collaborators in this region.
>
> I have decent writing skills in English, but excellent style in Spanish
> as a native speaker.
>
> I would like to get hand on learning how to make official documentation
> helping along the way. My ultimate goal is to make the documentation for
> Icaro Project, an educational robotics software/hardware made entirely
> with fedora in LATAM
>
> I hope to get a chance to help docs team.
>
> Best regards
>
> Neville
>
> pub   1024D/96851663 2009-06-20 [expires: 2016-10-25]
> uid Neville A. Cross (yn1v - fedora - Nicaragua) <neville at taygon.com>
> uid Neville A. Cross (Fedora Ambassador - Nicaragua)
> <yn1v at fedoraproject.org>
> uid Neville A. Cross (YN1V - Fedora - Nicaragua) <nacross at gmail.com>
> uid Neville A. Cross (Fedora Ambassador - Nicaragua) <yn1v at taygon.com>
> sub   2048g/1E3CFE30 2009-06-20

Hi Neville, welcome to the Docs Project!

I'm not sure if you read our page for new contributors on the wiki (or
talked to someone off-list), but in case you haven't - we tend to hang
out in #fedora-docs on FreeNode, and we have a weekly meeting every
Monday at 14:00 UTC. A few people also hold "office hours"
(Pete/randomuser every Thursday at 12:00 US/Mountain time, Laura/lnovich
every Wednesday at 14:00 UTC - unless that changed). All of these
meetings last 1 hour and they're a great time for discussion and any
questions you might have; of course, you can ask at any time, but
there's no guarantee people will actually be there to answer.

Petr