[Fedora-electronic-lab] FEL

Aanjhan R aanjhan at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 07:53:31 UTC 2009

On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 7:32 AM, sandeep
vijayakumar<sandy_711 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>      I downloaded the FEL live DVD yesterday, and tried it on my laptop, but
> unfortunately found it to be too slow. It took a long time to boot from the
> DVD. Any ideas.suggestions on how to improve the speed?

Depends on what you mean by slow. It takes about 3-4 minutes or so to
get my desktop in Live Mode on a Core 2 duo 2Ghz, 1 GB RAM 800 Mhz
fsb. So calculate depending on your configuration.

Next, if you still feel the LiveDVD is taking too long, it could be
because its currently KDE based and KDE4.x had some problems of long
boot-up times (but was tweaked to restore sanity, according to what I
have read). So the only other option you have is to install them on
hard disk and switch to gnome or if you have bandwidth, Install a
default fedora OS and then group install FEL.

yum groupinstall 'Electronic Lab'

HTH.