[Fedora-electronic-lab] Webpage for Binary packages

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Tue Nov 3 20:43:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, Nov 3, 2009 at 4:41 PM, Ziyad Saeed < hidden > wrote:
> Hello Everyone
> I was gong through QUCS download webpage and noted that it links to an
> extremely outdated webpage for fedora rpms. FEL does have up to date
> binaries for QUCS but they are downloadable from a webpage. it would be nice
> if there was a webpage with links to these binaries and we can send that
> link to ALL the electronics packages that are part of FEL. This should boast
> exposure of FEL

First qucs is available under fedora repositories, since Fedora Core 3
as suggested by
https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/packages/name/qucs

As a rule of thumb, we should avoid linking to third parties website
1. Fedora Legal does not like it
2. Security reasons of the targetted software
3. Maintenance of wiki pages/manpower will be required, to verifiy if
materials are removed from the linked page

If a software is missing under the Fedora umbrella, ask some on the
fedora-devel mailing list to package it. If it is FEL related, file a
ticket :)

Chitlesh
--
Chitlesh GOORAH