Question for enabling playground repository

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Apr 9 08:14:54 UTC 2014

On 04/08/2014 05:27 AM, Jens Petersen wrote:
>> I am creating prototype of playground repository [..]
> How does it look/differ from the Copr case?

It would be just Copr repository where some admin will check attribute "is playground repo".
And there will API call "give me list of copr repositories which have playground attr checked in".

>> >When enabling Copr repository you will get:
> Do you mean with the dnf copr plugin?

Yes.

> I would improve this original text as:
>
> """
> You are about to enable a Copr repository. Please note that this repository
> is not part of the Fedora distribution and may have varying quality. The Fedora
> distribution has no control over this repository and cannot enforce its quality or
> security level.
> """

I meant something which would start with"
You are about to enable Playground repository....

Which would in fact enable N copr repositories, which are marked as part of playground.
The questions for which I do not have answer is:
* "various quality" ? or we can promise some quality based on some minimal review?
* "will we have some power over those?
* Where should be reported bugs in Playground repo?

You probably already discussed it. But I am not tracking this mailing list so if somebody can rephrase your conclusion
in form of warning for user, then it would be good.
--
Miroslav Suchy, RHCE, RHCDS