Docker for beginners and WEB UI
phracek at redhat.com
Wed Mar 4 11:32:34 UTC 2015
Hello Env & Stack team,
I have tested docker from beginners or "dummy" point of view, like me:)
I've got information from  ,
where it navigates me how to create a my docker file.
"Really" only 4 rows are needed:) Awesome.
Creating of docker file for http and checking whether process starts
I have create Dockerfile like:
RUN yum install httpd -y
CMD ["ps -ef | grep http"]
sudo docker build -t phracek/fedora21-http
Image was build successfully.
I now that it is a stupid docker file but I wanted to test them. I
wanted to know what should be mentioned on
Fedora page. For beginners of course. Many of you are experts.
What should be (or I like to have) on Fedora page like
1) [Tab How to install docker on Fedora]
How to Install on Fedora 21:
- install docker-io fedora-dockerfiles #fedora-dockerfile contains a
really good examples. Needs to be updated
- sudo systemctl start docker
- sudo docker run -i -t fedora /bin/bash
for test whether docker is running.
- adding to group docker
I think that package fedora-dockerfiles is more or less needed. There
are most information and useful Dockerfiles.
2) [Docker useful commands]
Some useful commands like in Fedora.
- building docker image
- starting docker image
- deleting docker image (docker rmi ..)
- link to empty or dummy Dockerfile like from 
- may be example Dockerfile would be also good.
Some command are already mentioned here .
3) [Links to documentation]
Some links to docker.io page would be welcome???? This is under
discussion and of course
we don't want to duplicate pages.
4) [Fedora docker WEB UI interface]
WEB UI interface for creating Dockerfiles
How can it look like?
- Tab for creating Dockerfile
- It can contain important directives like EXPOSE, RUN, ADD etc.
and Popup window discovers where user can write
- Immediately your see how docker file look like.
- Tool can merge repeated commands like yum on several lines
- Tab for validation users dockerfiles
- Tab for building images and container execution. User could be able to
run ssh window with container.
That's all. Currently now I know how to build/run docker files and what
could help beginners on Fedora:)
I missed some useful commands on the one page.
Let's continue with new challenges. I think that the web UI is more or
less important for propagation Fedora as
distro for docker.
Red Hat, Inc
email: phracek at redhat.com
More information about the env-and-stacks