Minutes from Env-and-Stacks WG meeting (2015-03-12)

Honza Horak hhorak at redhat.com
Thu Mar 12 14:24:20 UTC 2015

#fedora-meeting-2: Env and Stacks (2015-03-12)

Meeting started by hhorak at 13:00:25 UTC. The full logs are available
at
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-2/2015-03-12/env-and-stacks.2015-03-12-13.00.log.html
.

Meeting summary
---------------
* Dockerfiles recommended tips  (hhorak, 13:05:33)
   * people are much more likely to react to warnings/errors than read a
     document about how things should be done  (hhorak, 13:12:16)
   * the linter should say "warning: this and that is bad, have a look at
     the long explanation in guidelines to see why"  (hhorak, 13:12:16)
   * the linter should (maybe already does) display a little message
     which could have a link now  (hhorak, 13:12:16)
   * dockerfiles for F22 need ported to dnf  (hhorak, 13:16:41)
   * ACTION: ncoghlan to suggest to rpmgrill devs that they join Envs &
     Stacks to discuss dockerfile_lint  (ncoghlan, 13:22:51)
   * the documentation about dockerfiles practices/guidelines should be
     based on use cases (what am I creating the dockerfile for) and some
     general sections..  (hhorak, 13:42:27)

* Playground repo revisiting  (hhorak, 13:42:40)
   * LINK: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Playground_repository
     (hhorak, 13:44:17)
   * LINK:

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Env_and_Stacks/Playground_repository_%28draft%29
     (hhorak, 13:44:17)
   * ACTION: all to refresh the discussion we had few months back from
     logs/the links above (draft, change proposal), so we don't invent
     the same square wheels again.. and let's continue on ML/next
     meeting..  (hhorak, 14:19:06)
   * so far it seems we can either have one big repo composed of N
     non-conflicting repos or a bunch of (possibly conflicting) repos
     (hhorak, 14:19:24)

* open floor  (hhorak, 14:19:30)

Meeting ended at 14:23:33 UTC.

Action Items
------------
* ncoghlan to suggest to rpmgrill devs that they join Envs & Stacks to
   discuss dockerfile_lint
* all to refresh the discussion we had few months back from logs/the
   links above (draft, change proposal), so we don't invent the same
   square wheels again.. and let's continue on ML/next meeting..

Action Items, by person
-----------------------
* ncoghlan
   * ncoghlan to suggest to rpmgrill devs that they join Envs & Stacks to
     discuss dockerfile_lint
* **UNASSIGNED**
   * all to refresh the discussion we had few months back from logs/the
     links above (draft, change proposal), so we don't invent the same
     square wheels again.. and let's continue on ML/next meeting..

People Present (lines said)
---------------------------
* hhorak (58)
* ncoghlan (52)