EPEL Orphan or retire the TurboGears (v1) stack in 7

Zhiwei Zhu z_zhu at wargaming.net
Fri Jul 11 01:17:29 UTC 2014

Hi Dan,

Thanks for sharing this.
It's really a great news for us that you will help to maintain the TG1 stack in EPEL7 and will start the un-retiring process. Hope they will be available again soon.

Yes, when talking about real projects, when schedules, requirements, efforts, resources, risks, etc, are involved, the reality is always far away from the theory.
We should have planned the migration from TG1 in this release. However, probably because there is no obvious benefit that we can get from it, it's never been given a high priority.
I think this show-stopper will push us to really consider the migration seriously in future releases, either to TG2 or to Django.

For co-maintaining the TG1 stack, I would like to and will start to look into how to do that, but I hope it could be recovered before I can really offer any help, because our currently release is kind of blocked by this issue.
A lot of tasks, plans depend on whether TG1 would be availble on EPEL7. We are going to discuss our platform support stuff early next week and hope there would be some more good news then:)

Best Regards
Jacky