EPEL missing amavisd-new dependencies in epel6-arm

Robert Moskowitz rgm at htt-consult.com
Wed Oct 8 16:04:30 UTC 2014

On 10/08/2014 11:29 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:

> On 8 October 2014 09:17, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com
> <mailto:rgm at htt-consult.com>> wrote:
>

>     On 10/08/2014 11:01 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>>

>>     On 8 October 2014 07:34, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com
>>     <mailto:rgm at htt-consult.com>> wrote:
>>
>>         I am working on installing amavis-new on an arm system
>>         (Cubietruck with Redsleeve 6).  It has dependency issues.  I
>>         tried 'yum deplist amavis-new' and extracting from it I see:
>>
>>           dependency: perl(Net::Server) >= 0.87
>>            Unsatisfied dependency
>>
>>           dependency: perl(Mail::SPF)
>>            Unsatisfied dependency
>>
>>         Can someone see about adding these (and any of their
>>         dependencies) to the epel6-arm repo?
>>

>>     Where are you getting an epel6 arm? There isn't one that we maintain
>
>     http://ftp.redsleeve.org/pub/el6/packages/epel/mirrors
>
>     No, you are not maintaining it, as has been explained to me this
>     morning by the Redsleeve leader, Gordon Bobic. He said that it
>     originally was put together by Michael Lang who has since moved on
>     to other things.  So basically it seems it is orphaned.  It would
>     be really nice if the epel community takes it on.  Get your feet
>     wet so to speak before the Centos7-arm work.
>

> We would need a RHEL-7 or CentOS-7 arm before we could even start
> building stuff for EPEL-arm. It isn't a chicken or an egg problem, but
> a chicken and then the egg problem.

This I understand.  First we need that Centos7 arm.  The Centos team
made a call to start working on it a couple months ago, but there is no
apparent activity on the centos-arm list.  I suspect higher priority
migrations (like C7-i386).

But there is an equiv to Centos6-arm, and that is Redsleeve6.  There is
that large community of Rasp-PI out there, but I see the Allwinner chip,
particularly the Cubieboard as a more server device (has a sata
interface and 1 - 2 G memory).

I was told that I might have to use cpan2rpm for these two, but that
will be yet another new advanture.

And for Dovecot, I am missing:

perl-Email-Valid
perl-Log-Log4perl
perl-MIME-EncWords
imapsync

Going to have to figure out how to get those.

In the epel6 repo they all show as -noarch