EPEL CentOS curator group proposal

Antonio Trande anto.trande at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 15:15:45 UTC 2014

Hi Jim.

On 09/25/2014 04:36 PM, Jim Perrin wrote:
> Earlier this week on the CentOS devel list I proposed an interim method
> to help make it easier for centos contributions to flow into epel.
>
> Essentially the proposal is that CentOS would like a 'curator' group
> (name can be determined later) similar to the wrangler's group.
>
> Members of this group would be responsible for shepherding packages
> designated by the various SIG efforts in CentOS through the process of
> getting these packages in epel. This means that rather than having an
> individual owner, packages would have group ownership. Members of this
> group will be required to have access to make package modifications on
> the CentOS side so that they meet the packaging standards for EPEL.
> Additionally, it would help to have an EPEL proven packager as part of
> the group as well in order to help make things move a little quicker.
>
> Would this be acceptable from an EPEL standpoint? What would be required
> from an EPEL perspective to make this happen?

EPEL is for RHEL, Scientific Linux, Oracle Enterprice other than CentOS; would we need of special "curator" group for every distro?
CentOS contributions could flow simply by taking part on EPEL and by integrating any special (previously discussed) packaging need .

--
Antonio Trande

mailto: sagitterATfedoraproject.org
http://fedoraos.wordpress.com/