EPEL CentOS curator group proposal

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Thu Sep 25 17:27:30 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:47:43AM -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:

> > This would be my take also, getting pkgs into EPEL is a pretty well
> > defined process as is a becoming a packager. I don't see an extra step/group
> > is needed within CentOS is needed.
>
> It is defined. It's also perceived as cumbersome, laborious and painful,
> and so many would-be contributors don't even attempt to contribute. This
> is simply a proposal allowing those who are willing to act in place of
> the original packagers to help contribute.

If the packages are going to meet Fedora's guidelines, the current
process is not as bad as it might be perceived. If someone is qualified
and motivated it is very easy to become package maintainer and if you
have several people who want to contribute they can easily review each
others packages to show that they are qualified and I am very confident
that it won't be hard to find a sponsor then.

Regards
Till