[EPEL-devel] EPSCO is Dead. Long live EPSCO?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 17:28:39 UTC 2015

On 14 April 2015 at 08:03, Jeff Sheltren <jeff at tag1consulting.com> wrote:

> According to the initial agreement among interested parties, EPSCO was
> going to end the first term on March 31st, 2015.
>
> With that in mind, what's the status of the policy questions outlined
> here: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL-faster-repo-ideas  What remains
> to be done from the policies and tasks outlined there and in the first few
> EPSCO meetings?
>
> And has there been any discussion of new committee members and/or what
> term-lengths may be in the future?  I haven't seen anything on that topic
> discussed on this list.

This was discussed in one of the last meetings and  it was decided to go
with a meritocratic format like the Fedora Packaging Committee.

I did promise to stand down and forgot the date that I said so. Thank you
for remembering the date, and I will ask forgiveness if I run it until
2015-04-17 when I will resign and someone else can take over the position.

Additionally, are meetings still happening regularly? From what I've seen,
> they seem to be cancelled more often than they take place.

Meetings were stopped because either people could not attend due to trips
or other projects deadlines. With rarely able to get a quorum of people who
were active to participate from either the committee members or people in
the community.. I figured a break until enough people were interested in
having meetings was needed. Since that seems to be the case now, I will be
calling a meeting this week to get various things done.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.