[EPEL-devel] python-six missing in epel6?

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 21:20:41 UTC 2015

On 12 August 2015 at 15:12, Mátyás Selmeci <matyas at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
> Was this a recent change? I see it in CentOS 6.7 but not CentOS 6.6, and it
> looks like Scientific Linux hasn't caught up either...
> -Mat

It looks like it was a recent change required by the rewrite of mock
so it can work in python3. The python-six package is

Description : python-six provides simple utilities for wrapping over
differences between
            : Python 2 and Python 3.
            :
            : This is the Python 2 build of the module.

so with 6.7 out, this was pushed into EPEL. I believe there was some
discussion on these changes in the Fedora devel lists but not sure.

> On 08/12/15 15:29, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
>>
>> On 12 August 2015 at 13:30, Mátyás Selmeci <matyas at cs.wisc.edu> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>> I can no longer find the package "python-six" in EPEL 6. This is a
>>> requirement for installing mock. I didn't see it in the orphaned list -
>>> what
>>> happened?
>>> Thanks,
>>> -Mat
>>>

>> python-six is not in EPEL but in the base packages (either CentOS or
>> RHEL).

Stephen J Smoogen.