[EPEL-devel] python-six missing in epel6?

Mátyás Selmeci matyas at cs.wisc.edu
Thu Aug 13 14:05:19 UTC 2015

On 08/12/15 17:26, ~Stack~ wrote:
> On 08/12/2015 02:30 PM, Mátyás Selmeci wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I can no longer find the package "python-six" in EPEL 6. This is a
>> requirement for installing mock. I didn't see it in the orphaned list -
>> what happened?
>> Thanks,
>> -Mat
> It got yanked a few days ago. It broke a LOT of python packages that
> depend on it (whoever yanked it apparently didn't bother to check which
> packages still depend on it...not the first time EPEL has done this
> recently). Fortunately, I sync my own mirrors and I don't delete
> packages. :-)
>
> If you need it, I can send it to you.
>
> ~Stack~
I pulled it down from koji so I'm fine now. Thanks for the offer, though.

And yes, I agree that this change was too sudden. Many sites I support
have not upgraded to the latest RHEL/CentOS 6 yet (and are in general
very conservative about doing so), and Scientific Linux hasn't caught up
either.

-Mat