[FAmSCo] FOSDEM '11

Pierros Papadeas ppapadeas at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 16:47:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 5:56 PM, Gent Thaçi <gentthaqi at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> -I just checked Austrian (pretty much the same with other airlines) for
> plane tickets (economy ones) and it costs a lot of money :( = € 734.34
> outbound and return flight. I think you can find cheaper flights on
> expedia.com
>

> how do you plan to travel, by plane?
>>
>> if yes - please find out how much you need for your travel
>>

> -About the ticket will open as soon as I can, I will be for the weekend in
> Slovenia for Mozilla Balkans Meetup. Btw I had no problems for booking the
> ticket through expedia.com. About the ticket creation will do it in
> upcoming days.
>

> -Expect that I am willing to get/pay for my ambassador t-shirt if something
> is produced until then!
>

> Attendig FOSDEM would also be a good opportunity to hand over your
>> request from
>> https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/101
>>

> I also need to apply for visa at the embassy of Belgium here in Prishtina
> one month before the trip!
>
> Thanks a lot for considering my request, I am really thankful for that.
>
> Regards,
> Gent
>

>  On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 2:03 PM, Joerg Simon <jsimon at fedoraproject.org>wrote:
>
>> Please do not use top quotes on future communications, it makes things
>> harder to quote for me ;)
>>
>> i snipped our earlier communication but want to point out that
>>
>> Am 22.11.2010 20:57, schrieb Gent Thaçi:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > First of all I would like to tell you that I do have a special case
>> > expect being a part of Fedora Team at FOSDEM, gladly participating on
>> > Booth, helping with the preparation. Anything!
>> > The trip would help me a lot learning about Fedora, meeting the great
>> > community in personal and learning from them since I am younger waiting
>> > more contribution to come.
>> > I hope you will give me an opportunity,
>>
>> i definitely think this are valid reasons to support you - you are a
>> Ambassador for 2 month now and normally we do not sponsor traveling in
>> the first 6 month of new membership - but in this special case, i tend
>> to support your request according to
>>
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Sponsoring_event_attendees
>>
>> you have to make a official request to FAmSCo - i cc´d this to the
>> FAmSCo List as well so they are now aware of your request and can put it
>> on the agenda - maybe they will request that you open another  ticket in
>> https://fedorahosted.org/famsco
>>
>> Attendig FOSDEM would also be a good opportunity to hand over your
>> request from
>> https://fedorahosted.org/famsco/ticket/101
>>
>> how do you plan to travel, by plane?
>>
>> if yes - please find out how much you need for your travel
>>
>> we learned it is nearly impossible to get money to Kosovo in a way that
>> is acceptable - the best way would be to book your flight and hotel out
>> of someones budget/credit-card for you.

> [...]

I will be in Mozilla Balkans Ljubljana with Gent this weekend, so I can
handle it and try to find a cheaper solution (train to Thessaloniki and
traveling with Christos for a lot less)

Moreover, I can see that Max was the budget handler during past FAmSCo, so
what will we do know?
Elect a budget handler to work in collaboration with Max to manage budget?
(many tickets need care)

~π

--
Pierros Papadeas