[FAmSCo] Considering Additional Restrictions on Ambassador Membership

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jul 4 10:10:08 UTC 2010

Am 03.07.2010 06:39, schrieb David Nalley:
> I am on the hook to revive this conversation - so are there any
> thoughts -
> are there any statistics that it would be worthwhile for us
> to have?

mhm, since this conversation started, the membership wizard is
established, the MembershipService Page is cleaned up and candidates get
involved from the start in the membership process by pointing them to
the membership ticket  right from the start also with a new "welcome
message" written in that ticket.

Example:
https://fedorahosted.org/fama/ticket/871

What i see, that to start this conversation helped to give the
Membership Process some polish!

If we look at
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=fama.git;a=blob_plain;f=stats/ambassadors.png
we see that from 04/2008 - 05/2009 we had a un-healthy growth and with
the clean up and the mentoring, we landed exactly in the trendline of
growth we had before.

We have harder regional restrictions in India, where we have already a
CLA+1 Rule for Students.

CLA+1 is a restriction that would have a effect - it would filter out
all Candidates who start in the Fedora Project with Ambassadors.

Statistics could help here, "how many of people who join Ambassadors do
it as the starting group"?

Would it help to filter unresponsive candidates or this the candidates
who cause the frustration? I do not know.

Right now i would vote -1 for a general CLA+1

I still believe in "all freedom to the Mentors"

I have got also Feedback to the Mentors Survey, but only from 3 Mentors
till now - which will give new insights as well.

cu Joerg
--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688