[FAmSCo] Where can I found the upcoming meeting topics?

Robyn Bergeron rbergero at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 03:23:35 UTC 2011

Sorry for cut and pasting, but since it's a closed list I can't
subscribe, etc., you've heard this song before. What i'm replying to
here up at the top is re: the mail pasted below from Zoltan.

Regarding taskjuggler: FAMSCo/Ambassadors already have a schedule in
Taskjuggler. Theoretically, famsco could use it for any existing tasks
(and any new ones they'd like to add, and of course, changes are welcome).

That said, it *should* be used for *repeatable* tasks; i.e., things that
Ambassadors and/or FAmSCo do in every release cycle.  As I see it, most
of the things that FAmSCo deals with are one-off tasks (reimburse
$specificperson for $onetimecost; tackle or solve $problem, etc., make a
decision about $whatever) and that type of thing is fairly unsuitable
for taskjuggler.

Additionally, taskjuggler doesn't (as we have it implemented) provide
any way to demonstrate accountability for performing tasks, which can be
of particular importance when it comes to requests and many of the other
things that FAmSCo deals with.  Trac provides excellent ways to
prioritize, assign, and show completion (not to mention, time to
completion), and using the meeting keyword to generate an agenda is far
more effective.  Moreover, it allows anyone to submit requests without a
human being required on the other end to process; anyone can file a
request and add a meeting keyword, whereas while everyone can submit
something to me to add to taskjuggler, if I'm on vacation, if I'm hit by
a raptor, or (more often the case) I miss an email, well, that winds up
blocking progress.  Day to day tasks / requests / changing of meeting
agendas will not be as effective using taskjuggler as they would be
utilizing trac.

My suggestion, and obviously I'm not in FAmSCo and never have been, so
take this with a slice of bacon... would be to run meetings in the
following way:

1) Review Schedule (Ordering Media, organizing town halls, etc. - make
sure that everything is being addressed.)
2) Budget Review
3) Address any new / pending tickets from trac with the meeting keyword.
4) Address any ongoing issues / projects / etc.

Having someone send out an agenda for the meeting, including the numbers
of trac tickets (with short summary, since trac is not open to
everyone), a day ahead, will give famsco members a way to review things
ahead of time so that they can be moved through faster.

-Robyn

I think this is an good idea (the trac) - but in the past the wiki was
continuosly edited and published before the meeting [1], and the
meeting was archived at Famsco meetings [2]. This is an really
ineffective way to handle discussions... and decisions. In my opinion,
trac is an necessary solution to get back to the track. But only
partially, because at the end we'll (possibly) finish with huge amount
of tickets....

I think the solution lies before us - it's called taskjuggler, just we
need somekind of sync option that binds the public and us too (I have
an idea to . For example to an fedora people account storage where we
could upload and archive files. If we once could properly tidy our
processing methods, we could have an stronger leadership, control, and
trust.

Here is how I think (fix me if it's not possible) - one part I think
we need an online schedule, what can be parsed by Taskjuggler
(partially we have it from Robyn). I say Taskjuggler, because
basically we could have this as a common tool for everybody and an hub
what contains tasks, dates, reports (in trac ticket number format eg.)
But if you read through the features - then I think already we have it
inside this app for coordination what we looking for. [4].
Additionally I would like to see/have an RSS feed too to have an list
on my phone (or in my RSS reader) too about earlier meetings logs, and
ticket requests....

I really would like to open an discussion in relation of this - and
let find an great solution.... until then, I fill a ticket for new
themes.

[1]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_agenda
[2]http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAmSCo_meetings
[3]http://www.taskjuggler.org/tj3/manual/Day_To_Day_Juggling.html