[FAmSCo] finance topics

Max Spevack mspevack at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jan 25 19:51:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, 24 Jan 2011, Caius Chance wrote:

> I am alright to this but hope similar situation will not happen to
> anyone among the ambassador group. Though we as FAmSCo are entitled to
> review/assess every ticket of request, I am not fully sure about the
> criteria and how our powers of decision making are up to. Simply
> because I am not the fund provider, I want to prevent any possible
> fraud happens.
>
> All I concern along the process of fund approval process:
>
>   1. How to be sure if someone is reimbursing truly even soft-copies of
>   invoices are provided.
>   2. How to be sure if someone is using the money afrer we transferred to
>   him/her.
>   3. How to be sure if someone is posting a report on his/her blog and
>   somewhere.
>
> Sorry for if I asked silly questions. I have never been handing org
> funds.
>
> Thank you very much if Max or Larry or Harish can explain that to us
> more.

I don't think any of these questions are silly, and I'm glad they are
being asked.  We'll also use this as part of an agenda for the FUDCon
session.

I also want to apologize for the LCA registration issues, kaio.  Harish
and I will work together -- and I'll ask Harish to work with you -- to
make sure we've got good processes in place to take care of everything
in APAC in a timely fashion.  I hope you'll be willing to help Harish
out.

Regards,
Max