[FAmSCo] FY14 Budget update

Jiří Eischmann eischmann at redhat.com
Tue Apr 2 17:47:37 UTC 2013

Robyn Bergeron píše v Čt 28. 03. 2013 v 06:39 -0700:
> Greetings, lovely folks of FAmSCo:
>
> The "Regional Support" portion of the FY14 Budget can be seen here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FY14_Budget
>
> Please note that the "Premier Fedora Events" and "Discretionary
> Spending" portions of the overall Fedora budget are not outlined on
> this page and are still being balanced a bit and will be forthcoming
> as soon as possible.
>
> The total amount for FY14 regional support is $91,600; for reference,
> the budget in FY2013 was $71,500; in FY2012 was $80,000; in FY11 was
> $100,000.
>
> As noted on the wiki page, some guidance around allocations per region
> per quarter has been provided, based upon proportions of regional
> requests; this is for FAmSCo/Regional ambassador team convenience,
> because math sucks.  Some regions of the world may have been more
> optimistic or realistic than others, and I don't want these
> allocations to become a reason to purposefully request things outside
> a rational scope in order to compete for dollars. I believe that over
> the years, all of the regional teams have done an excellent job of
> balancing out budget and working with other regions to do what's
> needed and right in terms of budget handling, and I expect that to
> continue, since you guys are awesome.
>
> Regarding last year's spending; I will work with folks in OSAS to get
> these numbers published & outlined on the Accounting page, and then
> move the numbers from FY14_Budget over to a page resembling
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_Architecture_expenses but
> including the OSAS name.
>
> Let myself or Ruth know if you have questions. Thanks for your patience!

I adjusted the EMEA budget to the new budget situation:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors/EMEA/Budget

Even after all the cuts, we're still $3.5 over the allocated budget.
We'll have to work on that a bit more. Anyway, I added one more column:
Allocated (the amount allocated to the item reflecting the budget we
received). I also started tracking actual expenses. You might find some
inspiration there for your budgets.

Jiri