[FAmSCo] Make Mentors Sponsors?

Joerg Simon jsimon at fedoraproject.org
Tue Jul 9 09:02:49 UTC 2013

crossposted also to the famsco list as a heads up

i want to put the current Ambassador mentoring and membership process up
to dicussion - if i see the solid base of mentors we have today, we
should consider to give the mentors sponsorship rights.

We shaped the current process in the past to remove the workload from a
FAmA represented by a single person and to separate the
"quality"-evaluation from the administrational/initial barriers and
formalism. I think this is perfect in place now.

With the current process the *last step* of a mentor is, that he gives
his *thumbs up in the tickets system* . After that, the FAmA sponsors
the candidate in FAS and closes the ticket. I think we should give the
Mentors who are doing the hard mentoring work, the recognition to
sponsor their own candidates.

cu Joerg

--
Joerg (kital) Simon
jsimon at fedoraproject.org
http://kitall.blogspot.com
Key Fingerprint:
3691 0989 2DCA 58A2 8D1F 2CAC C823 558E 5B5B 5688