[FAmSCo] REMINDER: FAmSCo Meeting 2016-03-16

S.Kemter sirko.kemter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 16 02:49:23 UTC 2016

Hi,

as Gabriele already said, I cant make it to the meeting. I have right now
no internet at my home (no its not because it didnt pay) I have to speak
with my landlord as its included in the rent, I will do next week, when I
have to pay my rent. Otherwise its difficult to get him, his wife speaks
unfortunately only khmer and my khmer is very limited.

Some things to the points

- Final appointment of chair

I stick with the solution that we have, please let us not loose more time
for that. We have enough other and really massive things to do

  - Lazy consensus proposal

I am not so convinced, I think we can vote in the tickets but we still need
to find a solution how to discuss things amongst us in a more real time

  - Fudcon LATAM

like mentioned in the ticket, when I see there electric distributors and it
doesnt matter to me, if they just cost a $. Its material we buy from the
budget given from our sponsor, so if there is reusable material bought I
wanna know where it ends!

  - Fudcon APAC

some more points here.

*budget concern from Christoph, please see that everything is calculated
with the amount of 100 participants. We did look first for the average
participation and found in 80, the highest number, so we calculated with
100 its easier to calculate. On the end each $ saved on the other costs
will end up in the travel budget. Before the useless comment of Amit Shah,
there was the council working on it, Josh brought that up and was fine with
this also Matt.
We had on Monday 14th a meeting here of the organisers, looking on the
budget next to other organizational things, we marked out that we can save
on the catering, definitely and on the hotel cost but it will raise the
travel pot not much around 3000$. If we cut the amount of participants, to
just 50 it would be then 2/3 for travel. There is nothing fixed that it
would not work out.

*Christoph before you said, there are not enough local contributors in
Phnom Penh, did you check that in FAS? I dont think so, because you would
not get the complete metrics, as I know that Somvannda and Nisa have not
given their LAT/LONG in FAS. ;)
Right now we have 6 active contributors here and one who already started
working, the be honest that is in Asia a large group, KUL hasnt that much,
and there was a FUDCon. But why does it matter here and not for Puno? I
dont think they have ;) Its not important how many there are its more
important if there are enough to do the task and there are. We not doe this
as Fedora contributor alone, we have the backup from Pockey Lam and
Frederic (which btw also use Fedora) and the whole PPLug, which became
after some pressure from me again active, we also have the support from
Mozilla community (which is the second active FOSS project here) there are
also all people backing us up from OpenInstitute an NGO who works here to
make FOSS more common and we will have great support from the BarCamp
organizers, which will for our purposes raise their amount of volunteers
this year.

Some other points you should please consider one thing, this thing was
decided from the APAC community after endless and often useless repeating
discussions, in September 2015. The month will be not October, as there is
Pchum Ben, city is empty then, it will be September so 6 months organizing,
so please stop make useless discussion, give the people a chance to
organize it.

The whole process of this was disencouraging people, to make any other bid,
but the fish starts to stink on the head

Tuan it was you, who went to Somvannda and asked him if it could be
organized in Phnom Penh. You as an southeast asian know exactly, there is
no negative answer to that. You showed opposite him and behavior, what is
really not supportive but support should be given if you encourage a person
first to do it.
Quit fun, when Tuan says there in a meeting, "other communities are also
interested to bid", yeah behind the bids was my person to. Because if there
is no competition there is not good outcome and to be honest, Pune against
Phnom Penh was not competition, it was very unfair and they still behaive
unfair.

When I read such complains, its raining season. What will you do? Answer
Somvannda it will not affect us, this area has no flodding. And as argument
comes then wikipedia says otherwise, that is not funny! Especially Pune
made it also during raining season! So please stop putting forward nonsense
arguments!

  - Mentor nominations / cleaning-up inactive mentors

I really want not to appoint right now more mentors, as far as I see we
need to completely to rethink the system. We had already a discussion with
Christoph and others back in Prague and I also said, that a lot of mentors
are more Ambassador appointing machines. We discussed back in Prague with
Christoph about what mentoring means and why mentors as name for this
position was chosen, there was also the idea to enforce another group
membership before you can request mentorship. So there are a lot open
things to discuss and to reform

  - Transition to FOSCo

as I stated in my mail, which never ended up on the list and in the last
meeting. Our task as FAmSCo is not to decide how FOSCo shall look like, our
task is to invite the involved groups to have an discussion and to get out
how this gremium shall look like and we have internally to discuss what we
have to ensure that FOSCo can handle ambassador related decisions. And
there are still some, the delegation of budget works mainly just in EMEA in
APAC there is not been any meeting since last year November, so no
decisions on budget for events ;)

As I stated also before, I would invite the related groups to give us a
representative of their group and thats the way it should be done, so all
this groups can decide if they want to be part or not, its not only
Marketing and Design, I following there more Matts idea to putt also Web,
Docs and Translation into it.

  - Action items from previous meetings
  - Open Floor

br gnokii