[Fedora-join] Getting Started With F18 and The Join List

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 11:32:30 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-04-25 at 07:10 -0400, coco10deejay . wrote:
> Hi All... Despite I come using Linux -and having already installed
> few Fedora-Based distros -from Fuduntu 2012 to Blag 160k since (just)
> 2009- I keep on having troubles...
>
> - Trying To Install Fedora 18 (in an Asus Eee901 w external Monitor)
> the process stops and shows some 'scary' mesages like
> "NOTICE: MX (execute disable) protect cannot be enabled: NON-PAE
> Kernel" so I thought It was something Related to UEFI.. or else...
>
> - Where Can I Find Detailed Information to Install The F18 CD (Dated
> March 2013)?
>
> (I can't find any info in the brand new Forum...)
> Thank You very much in advance
> (and congratulations -anyway- for this fantastic OS.)
>
> Gonzalo San Gil.

Hi Gonzalo,

Please use the correct troubleshooting channels[1] . It's where the
troubleshooting ninjas lurk. If you've already tried askfedora, I
request you to try the users mailing list, or the IRC, which I prefer
personally.

I've installed Fedora 18 successfully on an old eeepc by the way, it's a
701 I think though. The i386 dvd or livecd worked right away for me.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicating_and_getting_help
--
Thanks,
Warm regards,