[Fedora-join] [July] Any newcomers here?

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Fri Jul 18 13:32:48 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-07-17 at 11:51 +0200, Felix Schmidt wrote:
> Hello everybody,

Hi Felix!

Welcome to Fedora!

> I am a bachelor student of Computer Science and Media at the
> Bauhaus-University Weimar in Germany. I use Fedora since a few
> releases and found my distro with it. Since a few months  I like to be
> a part of this community and read a lot of times the SIGs and all the
> informations around it. I hope you can help me.
>
> My favorit programming languages are C++ and python (with and without
> PyQt). By my studium I am also fit in the Basics  of Usability and
> HCI. I also think that Fedora and also any other linux distribution
> are not good enough connected to Android.

I don't think we have an android SIG yet. We do have this wiki page that
details how to set up an android development environment, though:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HOWTO_Setup_Android_Development

> I don't know, is there any Group who work on it? And the last think
> that I should tell you is that I am sad, that in my circle of friends
> and at the university nobody else, that I know uses Fedora.

You can change that - sign up for the Ambassadors program and start
spreading the word :D
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_Join_start

We don't do a lot of development - unless it's to do with the
applications Fedora infrastructure develops for us:
https://apps.fedoraproject.org

Take a look - maybe you'll find something to work on. Generally,
development is done upstream, and we use whatever they provide:
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Staying_close_to_upstream_projects

You can use your knowledge of programming languages to maintain some
packages that you use -
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Join_the_package_collection_maintainers

Please ask us any questions that you'll have. We'll be happy to help you
get started as quickly as possible!

--
Thanks,
Warm regards,