64-bit KDE 4.3beta1?

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 12:52:50 UTC 2009

2009/6/3 Mary Ellen Foster <mefoster at gmail.com>:
>> Huh. Looks like there are indeed packages in the x86_64 repository.
>> Wonder why my computer doesn't want to offer them to me ...
>
> Okay, I can now confirm that I am being offered the 4.2.85 packages on
> x86_64. I swear this wasn't happening earlier, but who knows.

Okay, I wasn't hallucinating, really -- I still haven't updated to
4.2.85 on my main laptop (and probably won't, 'cause I use it for work
every day), but I just tried this again and it still didn't show me
any 64-bit updates. And I now understand why: it chose
apt.uk.kde-redhat.org as the mirror for the 64-bit packages, but
ftp.heanet.ie for the 32-bit packages. And it looks like the
kde-redhat.org site doesn't have the latest packages ... is this true?

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster  --  http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/
ICCS, School of Informatics, University of Edinburgh

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.