Automatic upgrade - incomplete kde?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 23 21:26:06 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 23 June 2009 20:46:27 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 June 2009 20:42:37 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Tuesday 23 June 2009 18:17:31 Eli Wapniarski wrote:
> > > What happens when you reboot your computer with your pendrive still
> > > plugged in the computer.
> > >
> > > You should see an extra folder under /media
> >
> > I've managed to get the fedora-release installed, but I can't get the
> > network running.  I don't think I stand a snowball in hell's chance of
> > getting this sorted out.
>
> If you run ifconfig, you don't see any network connection at all?

Yes, the wired connection has an IP.  The wireless connection fails.

That was the prompt I needed, I think.  I just realised that it was still the
dhcp address.  I had changed it to static with system-config-network so that I
could set the gateway and dns, but forgot to restart the network.

I've run yum-complete-transaction and it has completed, telling me that there
are no unfinished transactions.  At last we are on the right track.

Yum update tells me that no packages are marked for update.  What do I try
next?

> Did you try running your computer with the older kernel? It should still be
> there.

As far as I can recall only one was offered.

ls /boot gives
config-2.6.29.5-191.fc11.i586
efi
grub