PA flames

Eli Wapniarski eli at orbsky.homelinux.org
Tue Jun 30 21:54:21 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 30 June 2009 23:25:44 Rex Dieter wrote:

> >> Yes it is. And if you want things to work together then write some kind of middle example of pulseaudio crippling

Last things first. Not attempting to troll or for people to start attacking each other really. If that's how this is being interpreted then I apologize. Just expressing frustration with software.

> My first and last comment on this thread, and then I'd like to ask folks
> to just chill a bit.
>
> FACT:  There are a small (gladly) subset of systems, drivers, apps that,
> unfortunately, for one reason or another (I'm not assigning blame), that
> do not interoperate well with pulseaudio.  Note, I am not assigning
> blame, and neither should you.
>
> Want to read more?
>
> My experience tells me that most of the "problems" are due to driver
> bugs or application bugs, not PA.  Does removing PA workaround the
> problems? Sometimes, but that's not fixing the inherent issues.

Forgive me but I gotta ask... Are the drivers for the sound card in pulseaudio or the kernel or somewhere else?

> Now, if folks have problems and are genuinely interested in
> *constructively* finding solutions, I'm all for that. TOTALLY.  But
> drawing broad (and trollish) conclusions based on anecdotal evidence,
> please well, I don't know what.  I'm at a loss.  Just makes me sad.  I
> know we all can do better than that.

I've already filed a bug report with the wine packagers. What else is there to do?

Eli

believed to be clean.