Why I'm using unstable repos

Andrew Mason slackmase2 at gmail.com
Wed May 13 01:00:17 UTC 2009

Hi guys,
I saw a post asking for people to let you know why we were using the
unstable repos. I'm not sure why others are using it but for me it was
because there were some features or problems which I found the current
distributions KDE packages which I was hoping ( or were ) fixed in the
newer packages.

Initially it was because the plasma-networkmanager app , kopete and
quassel were available. I don't have alot of ram in some of my
machines so I didn't really want to run KDE 3 apps in kde4 as they
can't take advantage of the libraries that are already loaded.

I also saw it as a way to test kdevelop4.