Dolphin folder rename behavior

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Mon Nov 30 14:57:14 UTC 2009

Using Fedora 11, KDE 4, and (I presume) Dolphin. When my wife tried to
rename a folder on her Desktop that happened to contain several GBs of
photo's, rather than the folder being renamed, a second folder named
what the original folder was supposed to be renamed to showed up on the
Desktop.

Why would that happen?

Renaming smaller folders seems to work properly. It's almost as if
Dolphin creates a new folder with the new name and then copies all the
files from the original to the new, then deletes the original folder.

Tim