More nepomuk/kmail problems and workarounds

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Thu Feb 25 20:02:09 UTC 2010

On Thursday 25 February 2010 18:03:16 Neal Becker wrote:

> You are talking about 2 different issues here?  1) kontact will not start
> 2) kmail delays?

Yes.

> Are you saying the same workaround applies to both?

No.  If kontact was working fine with nepomuk/strigi, but suddenly after an
update will no longer start, then you probably need to run the applications
stand-alone until the problem is found and fixed.

> I have noticed kmail hangs for several seconds on sending - which I hadn't
> noticed before 4.4 - but it doesn't hang long enough to be annoying.  Is
> that what you mean?

That sort of thing, but if you are seeing it hang around for only a short
time, then this isn't for you.  Each person must decide how bad is unbearable,
but I waited over 10 minutes for one message to go.

KDE Community Working Group