address book problems

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 23 19:59:15 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 19:35:21 Anne Wilson wrote:
> On Tuesday 23 March 2010 18:45:22 Jan Simonson wrote:
> > How can an upgrade like this be pushed?
>
> Jan, whatever the problem is, the fact that it works for some of us means
> that it's not the package that's at fault.
>
> For the few people like you that have huge distribution lists, yes, that's
> a problem.  The problem of kmail not being able to see what you can see in
> kaddressbook is a different matter.  That's something that we should be
> able to cure.  I'll speak to the developers and see if they can suggest
> likely causes.

Jan, try SystemSettings > Advanced tab > KDE Resources.  You should have some
entries there - I have Default Addressbook, akonadi-resource Personal,
akonadi-resource KDE.  Since it says Default Addressbook is a file, I assume
that that's the old std.vcf (which I have set up in kaddressbook along with
Personal Contacts).  Make sure that any resources there are activated, then
use the 'Set as Standard' button on akonadi-resource Personal.  Apply it, and
restart KMail.  Let us know whether it works.

KDE Community Working Group