address book problems

Jan Simonson nytt at simonson.se
Tue Mar 23 21:39:53 UTC 2010

tisdag 23 mars 2010 skrev Anne Wilson:
> Jan, try SystemSettings > Advanced tab > KDE Resources.  You should have
> some  entries there - I have Default Addressbook, akonadi-resource
> Personal, akonadi-resource KDE.  Since it says Default Addressbook is a
> file, I assume that that's the old std.vcf (which I have set up in
> kaddressbook along with Personal Contacts).  Make sure that any resources
> there are activated, then use the 'Set as Standard' button on
> akonadi-resource Personal.  Apply it, and restart KMail.  Let us know
> whether it works.

Thank you Anne, that solved the problem with interaction between KAddressBook
and KMail. When doing the settings in KDE Resources I happened to see that there
seems to be a possibility to use an old .vcf file. Perhaps that's a way to use
my distribution lists until further. The problem with editing them still remains
though as KAddressBook now seems to be unable to open std.vcf. I will experiment
a bit when I have the time.

I still stand by the opinion that this should not have been pushed until it was
much more mature!

Once again, thank you for taking the time with my problem.
Jan
--
Jan Simonson