Fedora KDE Live Media installer still not available in non-english language

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Fri Nov 5 13:07:56 UTC 2010

On Friday, November 05, 2010 01:23:23 pm Christian González wrote:
> 2010/11/5 Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu>:
> > A S Alam wrote:
> >> ਵੀਰਵਾਰ  04 ਨਵੰਬਰ 2010 07:57 ਸ਼ਾਮ ਨੂੰ, Rex Dieter ਨੇ ਲਿਖਿਆ:
> >>
> >> for gnome, I can select LANG from GDM and then anaconda
> >> runs in that language automatically.
> >
> > Except for the live images, both gdm/kdm autologin, bypassing the ability
> > to set/select LANG.  or... am I missing something?
>
> You are right. yet this fact isn't enought for Anaconda developers to
> bring back the "Select Language" screen :-(.
>
> Perhaps it's time to think about a KDE- or Qt-based Fedora installer?

I'm not sure it's worth to duplicate code just because of Qt/Gtk fight ;-)
Expecially maintainance would be horror. But I talked to Anaconda guys yesterday
and they have a plan to separate gui from Anaconda core as much as possible. And
I have a few ideas for "superior" Qt Anaconda replacing both installer and
firstboot :) But you know - time is not on my side!

Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275