Fedora KDE Live Media installer still not available in non-english language

Christian González chgonzalezg at gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 17:51:14 UTC 2010

2010/11/5 Jaroslav Reznik <jreznik at redhat.com>:
> On Friday, November 05, 2010 01:23:23 pm Christian González wrote:
>> Perhaps it's time to think about a KDE- or Qt-based Fedora installer?
>
> I'm not sure it's worth to duplicate code just because of Qt/Gtk fight ;-)

My motivation is not Qt vs GTK, but Anaconda developer's attitude (see
bug #541055). In short, they say: "It's a KDE problem, fix it
yourself".

> Expecially maintainance would be horror. But I talked to Anaconda guys yesterday
> and they have a plan to separate gui from Anaconda core as much as possible. And

That's good, but we need a solution for today, or at least for F15
release. IMVHO it's not acceptable that our spin can just be installed
in English language.

I think Kevin's idea (kdialog wraper for liveinst) is the best shot at
the moment.

> I have a few ideas for "superior" Qt Anaconda replacing both installer and
> firstboot :) But you know - time is not on my side!

If you want to start a Qt-based Anaconda project, count me in. I'm not
an expert developer, but I've created some tiny PyQt apps in the past.
--
Christian González G.
http://chgonzalez.blogspot.com