Firefox under Fedora-14/KDE: annoying slide behaviour

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Sun Nov 14 14:51:55 UTC 2010

The slide on the side of a Firefox window
(to move the visible portion up and down)
is behaving oddly on my Fedora-14/KDE laptop.
If I click on the down chevron, it moves to the bottom of the page,
rather than just to the following page-segment.
And it sometimes gets into a tizzy, where it starts running
to the bottom of the page, then to the top, then to the bottom,
and so on endlessly until I exit the site.
(And this often causes Firefox to exit,
even if there are other sites available.)

Has anyone experienced this?
And is there any way of stopping the slide
when it is remorselessly going down (or up)?

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net