Firefox under Fedora-14/KDE: annoying slide behaviour

Orcan Ogetbil oget.fedora at gmail.com
Sun Nov 14 17:59:38 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 14, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> The slide on the side of a Firefox window
> (to move the visible portion up and down)
> is behaving oddly on my Fedora-14/KDE laptop.
> If I click on the down chevron, it moves to the bottom of the page,
> rather than just to the following page-segment.
> And it sometimes gets into a tizzy, where it starts running
> to the bottom of the page, then to the top, then to the bottom,
> and so on endlessly until I exit the site.
> (And this often causes Firefox to exit,
> even if there are other sites available.)
>
> Has anyone experienced this?

Yes, and it drives me nuts. It is going all the way down, then
sometimes up, very slowly, and locks up the entire system until it is
done.

> And is there any way of stopping the slide
> when it is remorselessly going down (or up)?

I found a workaround: Don't use the mouse wheel. Don't click the
scroll down button. But drag the scroll on the scrollbar manually. If
I do this, scrolling won't block my system.

Orcan