Problem with kontact on Fedora 14

Christopher Murtagh christopher at murtagh.name
Mon Nov 15 01:29:22 UTC 2010

Fabio Canepa <fabio.canepa at ...> writes:
> Error while retrieving messages.
> The process for the imaps://XXXX protocol died unexpectedly.
> I didn't have this problem on Fedora 13 updated with kde 4.5 form
update-testing. Is something related to qt 4.7 ?Cheers,-- Fabio

I am seeing this same problem on my Fedora 14 install with KMail (1.13.5).
Whenever I restart KMail and check mail, it comes up frequently, and I have to
keep dismissing and re-checking mail. Eventually, my inbox refreshes and I can
see new mail. I then end up with a bunch of messages with (No Subject), Sender
Unknown and Date Unknown.

My Fedora 13 machine (running fedora-testing, also with KMail 1.13.5) doesn't
have this problem at all.

Cheers,

Chris