Performance degradation after KDE runs for sometime

Armelius Cameron armeliusc at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 18:50:48 UTC 2010

On Tuesday, November 16, 2010 11:09:01 am Richard Heck wrote:
> On 11/16/2010 09:59 AM, Christos Lazaridis wrote:
> But I can confirm the workaround: Enabling and then disabling desktop
> effects fixes the problem.

Just curious and to make things clearer: are both of you (Richard and
Christos) also using NVidia proprietary driver ?

> Do we need a new thread to call this to the right people's attention? Or
> should a bug be filed somewhere?

I don't know... we can try a new thread. This thread seemed to get a bit side-
tracked earlier.
I am not sure how / what bug report to file this againsts yet, as I don't have
a reliable way to reproduce, and my evidences are mainly anectdotal (hence i
wonder if anyone else experience it). But if you do file it please let us know
and we can contribute reports.

I haven't had a chance to try the workaround. For some reason my system seems
to be doing okay since I came in earlier today. I'll try the turning off --
turning on desktop effect when it gets worse.

Thanks
AC