Building KDevelop3 RPM on Fedora 14

Sonic get.sonic at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 02:20:21 UTC 2010

Hello

    I'm trying to build KDevelop 3.x RPM for Fedora. I wish to call it
kdevelop3 and be able to have it along with kdevelop (KDevelop4) that
comes bundled with Fedora. Does this 'wish' have serious flaws to
require considerable effort to implement?

I've made the following changes to the SPEC file:
1. changed 'Name' in the SPEC file to "kdevelop3"
2. added --program-suffix=3 to configure

Are the above changes sufficient or should I also add --prefix=SOME_PATH
to configure script?

Also, how do I meddle with the .desktop entries in the launcher menus to
call this KDevelop3 (like "Qt assistant" and "Qt4 Assistant")?

Any help is highly appreciated..

Syam