kwebkitpart default or optional for F15+?

alekcejk at googlemail.com alekcejk at googlemail.com
Tue Nov 23 20:21:13 UTC 2010

Hi,

kwebkitpart will be not installed as kdebase and kdenetwork dependency sinse KDE 4.6.
So we should decide to add kwebkitpart to comps as default or optional.

This is was discussed on KDE-SIG meeting
http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting/2010-11-23/kde-sig.2010-11-23-14.03.log.html
3 votes for default and 2 votes for optional, need more discussion.

In KDE < 4.6 kwebkitpart was installed by default as dependency of kdebase,
kdenetwork and konq-plugins. Users had possibility to select between KHTML
and WebKit view modes in Konqueror. Some sites works better with WebKit.
So if we decide to not install kwebkitpart as default then some users
may lose needed WebKit functionality if they reinstall F15 system.

Alexey Kurov <nucleo at fedoraproject.org>