Can't logout of kde 4.8

Mircea Sava msava at gmx.com
Sun Feb 26 08:06:40 UTC 2012

Greetings.

The way I see it the culprit clearly is the system upgrade,
especially if you upgraded to Fedora 16 directly from Fedora 14.
No one seems to know or able to give a straight answer as to
why, but the accepted wisdom is to upgrade Fedora from one
release to the next and not jump ahead.
Also there is the issue of the upgrading method, which you
didn't specify.
Fedora people officially recommend upgrading using preupgrade
but even that, when used properly, can give faulty results.

Possible fix: backup and nuke your ~/.kde folder then hard
restart and log in your KDE session.

Peace, and long life!

On Sunday 26 February 2012 04:45:19 freeslkr wrote:
> I can't logout/restart/shut down from a KDE session.  Nothing
happens.  I'm
> on Fedora 16 with the kde48 repo enabled.  I've tried it
running kdm and

--
  _
 ( )  ASCII ribbon campaign - www.asciiribbon.org