KMail search facility

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Mon Mar 19 12:12:39 UTC 2012

Now that KMail appears to be more or less stable on my laptop (touch wood),
I'm looking at some less important features.

I notice that there seem to be 2 search facilities, to look through folders:
(1) there is a narrow Search window above the list of emails in the folder,
and (2) there is a search facility Tools=>Find Messages.

The former seems to work,
but the second appears completely non-functional,
eg I just searched for "the" in 1000 emails (choosing "Complete message")
and got no response on pressing Search.
There is no evidence in fact that any search is being made.

This doesn't really matter, since one method works.
But I wonder if the second method works for anyone?

There has incidentally been some changes in the format of the Tools method,
eg it looks (or claims to be looking) through the current folder,
rather than through all folders.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net