Timezones and SELinux...

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 14:29:51 UTC 2012

On Tuesday, 20. March 2012. 19.31.23 you wrote:
> On Tuesday, 20. March 2012. 0.59.03 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > dac_override being required means that a file which is being written as
> > part of setting the timezone (probably the timezone file) is not marked
> > as being writable by root.
>
> What file would that be?

Ok, just as a followup, Dan Walsh pointed me to

   http://danwalsh.livejournal.com/34903.html

which helped me track down some mislabelled files (how they got mislabelled is
beyond me, but it doesn't matter at this point). A restorecon fixed the
problem, and now timezone switching works correctly. :-)

Best, :-)
Marko