claws-mail crashing with updated KDE on F16

George Avrunin avrunin at math.umass.edu
Mon Mar 19 19:47:49 UTC 2012

I did a yum update yesterday and got a lot of kde 4.8.1 rpms (replacing mostly
4.7.4, I guess).  Now claws-mail crashes every time I send a message (though
the message does seem to get sent).  Claws-mail didn't get updated, and it
seems to work ok with gnome, so I assume the problem is the kde stuff.

Claws shows a message at the bottom saying it's "Scanning folder
avrunin at ext.math.umass.edu/Queue" (the account is avrunin at ext.math.umass.edu)
and dies.

I have sent off the abrt stuff (#804790 on bugzilla), but I'm hoping there's
some known problem and I can either work around it or use rpms from
updates-testing or the kde repos.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

  George