claws-mail crashing with updated KDE on F16

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue Mar 20 00:04:24 UTC 2012

George Avrunin wrote:
> I did a yum update yesterday and got a lot of kde 4.8.1 rpms (replacing
> mostly
> 4.7.4, I guess).  Now claws-mail crashes every time I send a message
> (though
> the message does seem to get sent).  Claws-mail didn't get updated, and it
> seems to work ok with gnome, so I assume the problem is the kde stuff.
>
> Claws shows a message at the bottom saying it's "Scanning folder
> avrunin at ext.math.umass.edu/Queue" (the
> account is avrunin at ext.math.umass.edu) and
> dies.
>
> I have sent off the abrt stuff (#804790 on bugzilla), but I'm hoping
> there's some known problem and I can either work around it or use rpms
> from
> updates-testing or the kde repos.  Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Possibly an oxygen-gtk issue. (oxygen-gtk2 got updated, too.)

Try setting the GTK+ theme to Adwaita in the GTK+ settings in KDE System
Settings (kcm-gtk) and logout and login again (or restart xsettings-kde
manually). If that makes the problem go away, it's a bug in oxygen-gtk
(oxygen-gtk2 in this case) and should be filed as such. If the problem
persists after switching to Adwaita, it must be somewhere else.

        Kevin Kofler