virtuoso_t high CPU with Akonadi

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Mar 23 15:49:07 UTC 2012

On 03/23/2012 10:45 AM, Armelius Cameron wrote:
> Hello,
> This starts happening after upgrading to KDE 4.8.1. I constantly see
> virtuoso_t using high CPU (~99%), and my laptop fan is constantly running at
> high speed.
>
> Google search landed me on this page:
> http://userbase.kde.org/Akonadi#High_CPU_or_Memory_usage
>
> So I tried closing kontact, then 'akonadictl stop', and virtuoso_t process is
> gone from 'top'. When I start akonadi and Kontact, it's back.
>
> I checked krunner config page as suggested, but I don't see those services as
> enabled in my plugins. I tried reboot, re-login, etc and virtuoso_t keeps
> coming back.

Seems to me that it's indexing your mail, to enable search functionality.

Now, one problem is if such takes a *long* time or never finishes...
How long did you let it run before resorting to:
akonadictl stop
?

If you don't want mail/search enabled, you can goto
systemsettings->desktop search and uncheck 'enable email indexer'

-- rex
-- rex