Setting a protocol handler

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Wed Mar 28 04:18:21 UTC 2012

> As I said before, it's already there:
>
> $ grep magnet /usr/share/applications/qBittorrent.desktop
> MimeType=application/x-bittorrent;x-scheme-handler/magnet;
>
> I had tried putting it in .config/autostart since QBT is an autostarted
> program, that's all. Just for the heck of it, I also copied it
> to .local/share/applications as you suggest. It made no difference.
>
> Still counting this as 'hard' (not least because I don't consider any of
> the above suggestions as remotely obvious to the average user, even if
> they did actually work).

I don't know if this will work....  I've not done it in a long time and not sure it
has the desired effect...

How about going to "System Settings", "File Associations" and then going to
Application/x-bittorrent and adding qBittorent into the "Application Preference
Order" at the top?

--
Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own. You may both
be wrong. -- Dandemis