File lnusertemp issue

Temlakos temlakos at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 00:41:23 UTC 2012

On 10/05/2012 08:02 PM, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On 10/06/2012 05:26 AM, Rex Dieter wrote:
>> Ahem, /usr/libexec/kde4/lnusertemp
>>
>> (it's an internal tool, not meant to be user-facing)
> Oooopsss...

Just for the record, I found the file. Thanks for letting me know where
to find it, for future reference.

I solved my initial problem, though I must say my solution does /not/
satisfy. I had to make sure to re-create all my user accounts with the
exact same UID. The trouble is, all those UIDs were in the 500s. I
thought I could let the system designate them in the 1000s. But when I
did that, I couldn't log in.

I'll have to continue this under separate cover, to get to the real issue.

Temlakos