Plasma Netbook or Active on Fedora ?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat Oct 27 03:23:27 UTC 2012

linux guy wrote:
> Is Plasma Netbook still around ?

Around, yes. Maintained, probably not really. But it should still work.

> Is Plasma Active 3 ready for semi production use ?   It can't be worse
> than Jelly Bean, can it ?

It has been released on October 15. We currently have a snapshot from August
10 packaged, we are working on upgrading our packaging to the official
release.

The main problem with installing Plasma Active on Fedora is that they aren't
really designing their software to be packaged by general-purpose
distributions, they expect patches and configuration tweaks to standard KDE
packages which we cannot all ship because some of them break Plasma Desktop.

        Kevin Kofler