Best option for Qt5 on RHEL6

Syam syamcr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 08:15:57 UTC 2013

On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 8:17 PM, Rex Dieter <rdieter at fedoraproject.org>wrote:

> On 08/29/2013 08:48 PM, Syam Krishnan wrote:
>

>> So, please advice on my best option for Qt5/RHEL6..
>>

> Probably rebuilding the the fedora src.rpm's.  May require minor tweaking
> wrt dependencies and such.  I'd be willing to adapt things to make it work.
>
> If so, heck, could probably build for epel-6 officially

Great! Can you confirm if the qt5* packages on Koji are complete? I just
saw some more packages being populated today (qtgraphicaleffects &
qtmultimedia) while qtimageformats is empty (the only one).

I'll try to build against CentOS 6.4 and let you know the results. Since Qt
5.0 compiled fine on it, I'm hoping that I can get it to work without much
problems.

>  By the way, I'm loving the KDE 4.10 packages for RHEL6 by Rex.. Thanks a
>> lot.. (any chance of 4.11 hitting EL6?, too greedy, heh ;-)
>>

> Very good chances... just need to find the time to make it happen.  Also
> been working a bit behind-the-scenes to make outside contributions easier
> (ie, so it doesn't all block on me).

Tons of gratitude :-)

--
Regards,